Guild Annual Meeting
September 15, 2018
Our Annual Guild Meeting and Flea Market will be held on Saturday, September 15, 2018, at the Concord Regional Technical Center, 170 Warren Street, Concord, NH. This is the same location as last year’s annual meeting. The Tech Center is at the back of the Concord High School, and there is plenty of on-street parking available.
We have a very full and exciting agenda so be sure to put the date on your calendar.
Our Event Includes...
- Annual Flea Market – sell you un-needed tools and help the Guild by contributing 10% of your proceeds [on the honor system]
- 50/50 Raffle –Tickets on sale all morning – the winner gets 50% of the proceeds, and the Guild gets the remainder
- Sub-Group Presentations – learn what they have been doing, what you missed, and what’s coming up in the year ahead.
- Annual Business Meeting – agenda coming; check back later
- Featured Speaker – our very own Mike DiMaggio will give a presentation on how to restore antique hand tools. Mike has been doing this for years, and has developed considerable expertise. So learn in the afternoon presentation how to restore those old tools you just purchased at the morning Flea Market.
- Win a Mike DiMaggio restored tool – Mike will donate a restored tool for a raffle. All you have to do to enter is submit a woodworking question for the Journal that will be answered in a future edition.
- 8:00—Doors open to allow Flea Market sellers to set up. A limited number of tables will be available or you can bring your own. Selling starts whenever you’re ready!
- 9:00—coffee and donuts and “get to know you”
10:00—Sub group Presentations – Subgroup leads will describe what they have been doing over the past year and plans for the coming year
- Granite State Wood Turners
- Boat Builders
- Hand Tools/Carving
- Beginner/Intermediate Group
- Granite State Luthiers
- Period Furniture
- 11:00—Annual Business Meeting – will include election of officers, Treasurer’s report, voting on proposed by-laws change, and more. Check back for detailed agenda.
- 12:00—Drawing for 50/50 Raffle—Brown Bag Lunch—bring your own, of course
- 1:00—Featured Presentation
- 3:00—Clean-up and adjourn